PENTA Completed a Harbor Barge Loadout Terminal & Dust Collection Project – Ste. Genevieve, Missouri
Holcim produce 12000 ton/day cement at Ste. Genevieve. PENTA was requested to analyse the barge loadout and dust collection system and to provide structural engineering with shop fabrication drawings for the complete project. This included PENTA’s assessment for the constructability and the review of the proposed installation plan. PENTA provided :
- Project Management
- Recommended the most viable options for improving logistics and achieving their goals for the facility.
- Gather drawings and information of existing equipment, structures, and design calculations.
- Analyzed the Harbor Barge Loading Facility’s four (4) new barge loading spouts and dust collectors, including the new support locations and load points.
- Discussed constructability issues for the project.
- Developed “Issued for Construction” drawings for the installation of two (2) additional DCL barge loading spouts, dust collectors on the west side, relocate and redesign access platforms around the aft (Southwest) spout, and re-supporting the existing barge lid hoisting bridge crane.
To learn more about PENTA’s experience with industrial plant logistics, distributions terminals, and transloading terminals please go to https://www.penta.net/logistics/.