Projects: Mining Mill Upgrade Detail Engineering
Location: Western United States
Industry: Mining & Metals
Solution/Service: Engineering Design
A metal mining operation needed to replace an existing wet grinding and classification circuit that was at the end of its operational with two new Vertimill grinding mills, pumping stations, and hydrocyclone classifiers.
- 3D scanning was performed to allow for highly accurate pipe routing to the new milling circuit.
- Detail engineering utilizing Revit including mechanical, civil/structural, and electrical engineering.
- Procurement support including obtaining equipment bids, bid tabulation and recommendation to Owner. Owner supply chain procured equipment.
- Participation in HAZOP and constructability review meetings.
- RFI support during fabrication and construction.
- Shop drawing review.
- Onsite commissioning support for mechanical and electrical equipment commissioning.
- Development of As-built drawings.
- Tight footprint inside the building. 3D scanning allowed for integration of existing and new equipment and new pipe routing with no interferences.
- New milling circuit located outside of existing building. Detail design of separation equipment to align with construction sequencing.