STRUCTURAL & CIVIL ENGINEERING DESIGN
PENTA’s Civil and Structural Engineering Department consists of talented and experienced personnel in the design and construction of industrial facilities. PENTA’s Civil and Structural Engineering Department offers a unique approach to the design and engineering of cost-effective concrete and steel structures meeting our customers’ needs and specifications.
STRUCTURAL/CIVIL DESIGN OF INDUSTRIAL FACILITIES
Reinforced and pre-stressed concrete
Structural Steel: Structures, Bins, Hoppers
|Tunnels: Slopes and Air Shafts||
High Seismic Zone
|Structural Steel Vibration Analysis||
|Docks and Marine Terminals||
Silos, Bunkers, Stacking Tubes, Domes
|CIVIL DESIGN: Grading, Storm water Control, Tunnels, Ramps, Retaining Walls|
STRUCTURAL DESIGN SERVICES
PENTA specializes in the Design of the following structures:
- Design of reinforced concrete and steel structures
- Process ductwork and supports; calculations and specifications for expansion joints.
- Concrete silos with flat, conical or inverted cone bottoms, circular or rectangular bunkers.
PENTA provides the following additional Structural services:
- Repairs to correct corrosion and cracking
- Finite element analysis of complex structures and foundations
- Development of structural design software for specific applications.
- Seismic and/or wind load analysis for complex structures and retrofits
- Structural pathology.
- Appraisals and retrofit of existing buildings for equipment modernization.
- Inspections to identify weak points in concrete, steel, steel stacks, preheater towers, support structures for overland conveyors, materials handling, airslides/catwalks.
- Evaluation of soils reports and integration of findings into sound structural design.
- Peer review of proposed engineering designs.
- Vibration analysis of structures and foundations.
- Optimization and value engineering of existing structural design systems.
- Seismic and hurricane retrofits for code compliance.