Projects: EPCM Project
Client: Caribbean Cement
A Cement Producer wanted to build a $300 Million Greenfield 3000 mtpd Clinker Line in Jamaica and engaged PENTA to complete the project on an EPCM basis.
Scope of Services
- Owner’s Engineer
- Conceptual design including process calculations, flowsheets, preliminary General Arrangement drawings
- OEM bid documents for major process equipment, bid evaluations and OEM recommendations for Owner to procure
- Construction bid packages including electrical bid package
- Detailed civil/structural, mechanical and electrical engineering including plant interface engineering
- Field construction management
The plant design had to account for 155 mph wind speeds and high seismic zone conditions. As a result, the lower 60 feet of the Preheater Tower was constructed from concrete to address the seismic conditions, and the upper section of the Preheater Tower was constructed from steel to address the wind speeds. This design also improved project economics by reducing the need for high cost imported steel.
Learn more about PENTA’s EPC and EPCM Solutions.
Learn more about PENTA’s Cement capabilities.