Projects: Cement Plant Expansion Structural Engineering
Solution/Service: Structural Engineering
PENTA supported a $500+ Million cement plant modernization project in the Midwestern United States providing structural engineering services to an international equipment supplier.
- Design of concrete and steel structures.
- Assist the international OEM working with their overseas engineering team to ensure USA industry standards and applicable codes were followed. The OEM team, under PENTA’s supervision, designed and produced Detail Structural Engineering drawings. PENTA reviewed drawings prior to issue for construction.
- Managed communication between Owner, OEM team, fabricator, and contractors.
- RFI support during construction including periodic site visits as required.
- 35,000+ man-hours.
- Average team of (15) structural engineers/designers expanding to up to (20) at peak project period.
- Prepared and issued 300+ detail engineering structural drawings for construction.
- Reviewed 40,000+ fabrication shop drawings.