Projects: EPCM Import Terminal
Location: South America
Client: Trinidad Cement
Solution: Design/Build Bulk Material Transfer Terminals
PENTA developed an international cement plant import terminal for Trinidad Cement (TCL) in Georgetown, Guyana.
During the development phases of every project, PENTA’s goal is to exchange ideas and work closely with clients to refine project scope definition along with more complete conceptual arrangement definition. TCL provided us with their conceptual layout and some design criteria. These specifications were used as the basis for the customized designs PENTA created for this cement plant import terminal project.
PENTA’s next step for this particular project was to provide procurement assistance to secure major vendors for the packing and palletizing equipment for the project. We prepared bid packages that included Instructions to Bidders, Supplemental Procurement Conditions, Conditions of Purchase, and Data Sheets. PENTA also provided recommendations to TCL for further procurement negotiations.
PENTA was then contracted to supply engineering for all civil, mechanical, structural concrete, structural steel and electrical disciplines.
- Concept and level II capital cost estimates
- Preliminary procurement and construction planning schedules
- Preliminary engineering services
- Detail engineering services
- Issue For Construction (IFC) level of quality along with all pertinent construction specifications and bid support
- Additional procurement assistance for all the auxiliary equipment supply including conveying equipment, dust control equipment, bulk loadout and scale systems, as well as power transform and emergency generation, aircraft warning, etc.
- Engineering designs for (3) 2,000 metric ton inventory silos to receive off-load cement from ocean going transport ships
- Conveying, packing, and palletizing equipment and designs were completed by PENTA
- All equipment support and housing structure
- Warehousing and administration buildings along with all civil definition for construction.
- PENTA worked with local Guyana Geotech Specialty Engineering services for sub-surface definition for supply and install of Guyana special timber piling
PENTA provided key technical insights via site visits, site coordination, and estimating assessments to TCL and their site partner Guyana National Industrial Company (GNIC).
For more information about PENTA’s engineering services, please go to https://www.penta.net/engineering-design/.